Wednesday, April 1, 2020:
We are working to pivot and adapt all of our ministries to meet the guidelines by the CDC and adhere to the Shelter-in-Place Orders.
- We encourage you to join our email list so you can be in-the-know.
- All on-campus Church Activities are suspended until otherwise notified.
- Our office is available by appointment only. Call 972-492-9393 or email the office.
- Holy Week Services will be streamed online with Facebook LIVE and aldersgatecarrollton.org/live. Maundy Thursday at 7PM, Good Friday at 7PM and Easter worship on Sunday at 9AM and 11AM.
- Pictures and Videos Requested! We want to SEE you and see how you are spending your Quarantine. Please spend videos and pictures so we can share with our church family. Email to Sarah at Sarah@aldersgatecarrollton.org
- UMCOR Mission Trip for April 26 – May 2 is cancelled.
Please reach out if you have any questions: Office@aldersgatecarrollton.org
Thursday March 19, 2020:
Here are the latest update on ministry at Aldersgate UMC. See Rodney’s Reflection for more information:
- All Church Activities are suspended on campus through March 29th. Will continue to access and make adjustments as needed.
- Worship with us LIVE on Facebook and our website Sundays at 9AM or after on your own time after it is posted.
- Share Prayer Requests HERE
- Community Yoga is holding Facebook Live on Tuesdays at 7PM.
- Body and Soul Chair Yoga has resources available to continue your practice at home.
- Food Share will be on Saturday 3/28 in a VERY different Format. Our team is creating new systems to meet the need for food delivery and connection. Watch for updates.
- Community Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 4th has been canceled.
Monday March 16, 2020:
We SEE YOU! After an amazing ONLINE Worship, We are thankful for your selfies and to see your faces!
Friday March 13, 2020:
Dear Aldersgate Family,
Today, March 13, Bishop Michael McKee issued a response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, which you can read here: North Texas Conference and Bishop McKee’s Letter.
In order to continue to care for the physical health of each other and ourselves, Methodist churches in the North Texas Conference will not be meeting in person for Worship for the next two Sundays.
In the current age of technology however, we are able to care for the emotional and spiritual heath of our community though online worship. Aldersgate UMC will be transitioning from in-person worship to online worship through live-streaming for our community through March 22nd.
In a time where feelings of helplessness and anxiety are prevalent, we encourage you to do two things:
- On Sunday March 15 and Sunday March 22, we encourage you to join us as we worship online via Facebook Live: facebook.com/AldersgateCarrollton or through our website at AldersgateCarrollton.org.
- Check in with those around you that may need help, especially those that may be at high risk for sickness. Offer them prayer, deliver groceries, or just give them a call to chat.
As you engage with our worship community during these upcoming Sundays, you can participate by commenting as you watch the Facebook Live worship experience: lets us know you’re there so we can celebrate your presence. As we pray together, you can also offer prayers through the Comments feature, say hello and greet one another as we would on a Sunday morning, or even share questions, thoughts, and encouragement as we worship and praise together from our homes or wherever we may be.
Although we will miss seeing our community in person these next two weeks, we know that the spirit of God continues to connect us empowers us to grow in our faith and service with one another.
In addition, Aldersgate UMC will be canceling all events and activities through March 22. If you have any questions, please reach out to your ministry leader, a staff member, or our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we ask that you remember to hold compassion, prayer, and prevention as a priority while we move through the days ahead. We stand firm in continuing to live into our mission to impact lives in our community and our church through Jesus Christ.
Again, we invite you to join us live through March 22 at 9am as we worship at the MorningSong band and a concluding message to Loving Large. May our friends, family, and neighbors know we are Christians by our love and compassion and not by our fear and anxieties. May you be a presence of peace for yourself and your people.
See you online Sunday at 9AM.
Minister of Discipleship