This is a FUN and great way to teach and tell the Resurrection Story! And it create a TASTY Snack! There are several recipes and ideas out there about this.
Here are the supplies needed. My HOPE is that you may have some of these already or can find them in the stores, despite supply demands lately:
- 8 Big Marshmallows (They will be Jesus)
- 1 Crescent Rolls or similar (The linen wraps for Jesus’ Body)
- Butter – 1/2 stick (the oil for anointing Jesus)
- Cinnamon and Sugar – 1/4 cup each (the Spices to prepare Jesus’ Body)
- Muffin Pan – 12 cup
Instructions for your Empty Tomb Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- While Preheating: Read the story in one or more of these scriptures: Matthew 27-28, Mark 15-16, Luke 23-24 and/or John 19-20.
- Separate the rolls into 8 Triangles and set aside. Melt the Butter and mix Sugar and Cinnamon and set aside.
- Dip each marshmallow into butter and then roll in butter, and roll in cinnamon/sugar.
- Place the mallow into the roll and wrap the mallow, pinching the sides to makes a seal (critical to make a seal so the marshmallow doesn’t escape).
- Dip tops of the dough into remaining butter and then the cinnamon/sugar and place with the sugar side up into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Let cool for 1-2 min.
You can eat warm – The Tomb will be empty!!!!! Where did Jesus’ Body go? The marshmallow is NOT there anymore!
This is a great way to experience the story as a family, no matter what your age is. You can talk about the excitement, the shock, the disbelief the disciples and friends had when the Tomb was empty!