The question that has come to me most over the last 14 months… “when in person (in the building) will return?” The answer has always remained the same through the last year. Our trustee team and the Ad Council has continued to stay data driven. We have need our positivity rate to drop below 10% for at least 2 weeks. I am grateful for our numbers to be under 10% positivity rate for the past 4 weeks. Which makes me excited to say our plans for in person worship inside the building is coming very soon.
I know you probably have lots of questions so I am going to try to answer as many questions as possible in bullet point fashion below. If you have others, please email your other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can answer it or get an answer.
1. What time will services be?
- Our worship times are going to remain the same at this time.
- 9:00 a.m.
- 10:15 a.m.
2. What will they look like?
- 9:00 a.m. will be a hybrid worship service
- Online and In Person
- Will be anchored by our Morning Song Band
- 10:15 a.m. will be a classic worship service
- In Person only
- Anchored by choral ensembles or Choir once they can return
- More formal Liturgical
- No Live broadcast
- 55 – 60 minute service
3. Will we still have First Light Worship online?
4. When Will inside the building services start?
- Sunday, May 16 is our target
- Target is to move our 10:15 a.m. fresh air service into the sanctuary on
5. Why not sooner?
- We are building teams in order to open. If you are willing to volunteer either on a once a month bases for either of these services please contact us email@example.com. We have several ways you can help. Sarah or I will follow up with job description of the help needed.
6. Will Fresh Air Continue after May 16?
- Not Weekly
- We will be having some outside worship experiences when our expected attendance will exceed sanitary capacity (Like Easter).
- We are planning a couple very special outdoor experiences this summer for the whole family.
7. Do I need a reservation?
8. Will I have to wear a mask?
9. Can we sing?
10. Can my Sunday school class, meeting, or small group meet in the building?
- Socially distanced
- Please make sure to make a calendar request to make sure you have air conditioning and your room accommodates the number of people who will be in attendance.
If you haven’t seen the graphic or heard the buzz yet, Aldersgate UMC is turning 30 this year and we have created a Birthday team who is excited about helping find ways for us to safely gather for this special event. Please mark you calendars for June 12 & 13! We will be sharing more updates in the coming weeks, but want you to have it on your calendars so you can plan to celebrate with us.
As it has been for the last 14 months of the pandemic things are changing, some times quickly and sometimes very slowly. I am grateful for your patience and your willingness to try new things. I know change is hard. Please remember these changes I have shared above are just another step we make to stay engaged and invested in the mission of the church. The way we worship and gather right now will continue to changes our vaccinations and CDC recommendations change.
Thank you Aldersgate! I am look forward to looking you each in the eyes, face to face, in the near future.